Welcome to episode 54 of The Mindful Kind podcast!
In this episode, you'll hear an honest and open story about my own fear and stress and how un-mindful I was in a very recent situation.
I hope this episode will show you how difficult it can be to practice mindfulness sometimes and how easy it can be to slip into stress.
A few things I learned:
Lean in to supports.
Do research or prepare for challenging situations to make yourself feel safer.
Listen to your body.
Be open to the positives in challenging situations.
Learn from your stressful situation about how you could be more mindful next time.
Most importantly, be forgiving and kind towards yourself and practice not feeling ashamed for the way you feel. This is a gentle reminder that we're human and things happen and we're all just doing the best we can.
I hope you have a wonderful week, Mindful Kind!
Welcome to episode 53 of The Mindful Kind podcast!
In this episode, discover more about meaningful moments and how we can use mindfulness to appreciate them more.
Meaningful moments might be:
- spending time with loved ones
- looking at a flower
- climbing into bed at the end of the day
- connecting with people on social media
- evening beauty routines
Can you slow down, appreciate and let go of stress to immerse yourself in these moments?
I hope you have a wonderful week, Mindful Kind.
Hello and welcome to episode 52 of The Mindful Kind podcast!
In this episode, discover how to use mindfulness to face your fears.
This is a gentle and kind approach to addressing fears- this is not an episode about feeling the fear and doing it anyway (at least, not at first!).
You'll discover a few of my own fears about snakes and public speaking (and more!) and how I've used mindfulness to face up to those things.
A few tips for facing your fears using mindfulness:
- Take small steps towards facing your fears and listen for when it becomes too much
- Urge surf to let go of irrational, fearful reactions
- Be aware of your self-talk and adjust it to suit you (know which thoughts help you and which ones don't!)
- Use your breath to reduce fear
- Have a plan for self-care and mindfulness after you've faced your fear. Be kind to yourself and try to decrease rumination.
And finally, please reach out for more help if you need it in facing your fears.
Welcome to episode 51 of The Mindful Kind podcast!
In this episode, discover how to go for mindful adventures and why it can be fun, inspiring and meaningful to shake up our routines.
Adventures don't always need to be expensive or grand! Find out a few different types of adventures, which you can do easily and without spending much money.
Tips for going on mindful adventures:
- Make conscious decisions to go on mindful adventures
- Identify worried or hurtful thoughts about going on adventures and either take action or let those thoughts go
- Be curious: soak up as much as you can from your new experience
- Be conscious about allowing yourself to have different experiences (try not to make decisions on autopilot and go outside your comfort zone)
Your mindful mission: Go on adventure or plan one and schedule it into your diary!
I hope you have a wonderful adventure, Mindful Kind!